On behalf of prestigious shipyards NBB trials and tests various ships types for their nautical and technical performance and for the compliance with safety and quality standards. Using own hard- and specialised software precise trials and measuring records and results are documented gapless.
NBB runs three teams of sea trial captains, officers, engineers and petty staff simultaneously supplying up to the full sea trial crew to the yard.
Duration of sea trials depend on ship’s type and order volume and vary from a long day for series or smaller boats up to a year for navy vessels.
After completing dock trials and confirming readiness for navigation, standard sea trials consist of yard internal adjustment trials, official yard measurement trials and Owner’s acceptance trials, they could be combined.
Scope of NBB test & trials services:
Sea Trials organisation:
- administrative preparation
- admission and certificate handling
- purchase of fuel, lubricants, provisions and other services
- sea worthiness survey
Sea Trials execution:
- trip planning and preparation
- trials trip executing
- trials reporting and accounting
Sea trials measurements:
- compass adjustment
- speed trials
- manoeuvring performance
- noise levels
- light intensity and coverage
- shaft power*
- propeller thrust*
- liquid media flow rate*
- torsional vibration*
- local vibration*
* contracted partners
Equipment supply (on rental basis):
- full bridge loose equipment (IMO approved components)
- all required documents, charts, books (IMO approved, updated)
- communication equipment DSC-VHF, VSAT (internet)
- safety & medical care equipment
- galley & cabin equipment